I am so grateful that the very kind and generous Amanda has stepped in with a guest blog post today, and you should be grateful too because she is awesome and has great taste in nail polish! Amanda blogs over at mandabear and she is amazingly stylish and always has great beauty and fashion picks, so I highly suggest you check it out, you can follow her on twitter too! Many thanks to Amanda today, she has allowed me the time to work on my table numbers and iron out my wedding makeup, thanks again Amanda!
When fall comes around, I don’t dabble with vampy colors all that much just because summer’s over. Once in a while I do, but I switch around a lot because I am more of a “I wear what I like” type of girl. Though I will admit that I can easily get sucked into seasonal color trends with makeup, nails, clothes…I just can’t help it. It’s almost like a part of my materialistic mind is telling me to switch to a darker color palette when cooler weather hits. True, it’s easy to grab your trusty bottle of OPIs Lincoln Park After Dark because it fits the season, but I still want to play around with some fresh colors. Here are 10 nail polishes that I picked out from my own collection that I think are unique, rich in color and work for those who do like to change their polish color seasonally. Enjoy!
1. Essie “Sew Psyched” – A new take on the standard neutral polish. It’s a gray/green mix that is just really interesting and cool.
2. American Apparel “Passport Blue” – A dark blue alternative to black. Very pigmented in one coat.
3. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear “Concrete” – This is an opaque gray-lavender that works for the office but also fits in with the neutral look that is oh so trendy.
4. OPI “Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous” – A festive nail polish for those who hate chunks of glitter in their polish. It’s a dark glitzy polish that is perfect for going out.
5. Zoya “Harley” – One of my favorite Zara nail polishes. It’s a light silver gray that is slightly shimmery but not light enough to wash you out.
6. OPI “Ate Berries In The Canaries” – A rich magenta that pops. Great if you are transitioning from hot pinks.
7. RGB “Toast” – A “dirty” neutral. It’s so chic and resembles the popular Chanel Particuliere.
8. China Glaze “Mummy May I” – A black base with a pink glitter explosion inside. This is part of their Halloween collection.
9. Rescue Beauty Lounge “Sheer Nude” – I would consider this an “interview polish” but it really does give your nails an elegant, finished look.
10. Orly “Royal Navy” – One of my favorite blues! This color is so special because it hits the spot on perfecting both brightness and blueness.